Serving Madoc, Marmora, Stirling, Tweed and Surrounding Area
Caring comes from within, but our strength comes from our Volunteers
OUR VOLUNTEERS ROCK
On April 19th, 2012, over 150 Community Care Volunteers gathered in Marmora and rocked the night away at our Rock Around the Clock Themed Volunteer Appreciation. Volunteers were able to step back in time with 45’s hanging from the ceiling, posters of different events that occurred in the 50’s on the walls, and little jukeboxes as centerpieces on the tables. 50’s attire was encouraged and lots of poodle skirts, jeans, saddle shoes, old high school rings, capris, jean jackets, neck scarves and slick hair were worn and everyone looked amazing.
The evening was a great success and volunteers left with smiles on their faces. We want to let all our volunteers know that you all are greatly appreciated and our agency wouldn’t be able to exist without wonderful volunteers like you. OUR VOLUNTEERS ROCK!!!! To see pictures please click here.
We have a variety of Programs we offer to seniors in the community which require the support of volunteers. These include:
- Meals on Wheels- food preparers, drivers and assistance coordinating Socials
- Line Dancing Luncheon Assistance
- Friendly Active Living Instructors for low impact exercise.
- Home Help and Maintenance - a brokered program to assist clients with indoor and outdoor home maintenance
- Reassurance Calls to clients, providing a friendly voice and reassurance
- Friendly Visiting to clients, to spend time with an isolated senior or physically disabled adult.
- Transportation, driving clients both long and short distances to appointments, shopping and social activities.
- Diners Club, assist in preparing, serving, cleanup of meals. Entertainers are always appreciated for these events.
- Hidden Treasures, is our retail outlet for slightly loved items. We welcome volunteers to assist at the store and donations are always gladly excepted with a few exceptions.
- Office- assistance in any number of tasks
- Board Members- to support the agency mission and objectives
- Foundation Members- to assist the agency in activities and fundraising
To become a volunteer you can call the office or print the volunteer form and mail it back to us.
As a volunteer providing services to clients of Community Care for Central Hastings, you can expect that:
- You will be treated with dignity and respect
- You will be treated as a co-worker.
- You will have the support of other volunteers and paid staff.
- You will be given a suitable assignment with consideration for personal preference, skills and education.
- You may request help if a job is too large or strenuous.
- You will receive guidance and direction.
- Your comments and concerns regarding working conditions or clients, will be addressed by your supervisor.
- You will be heard, have a part in planning and be shown respect for your opinion.
- You will be appreciated and recognized for your service.
- Your personal information will be kept confidential.
- You will work in a safe environment. You may refuse to do any task that you feel to be unsafe.
As a Community Care volunteer you have the responsibility to:
- Be sincere in the offer of the service.
- Be loyal to Community Care for Central Hastings.
- Maintain the dignity and integrity of the agency.
- Maintain the standards of confidentiality regarding agency or client information.
- Understand your volunteer role.
- Carry out the duties promptly regarding agency or client information.
- Participate in orientation and ongoing training.
- Accept the guidelines and decisions of your supervisor.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with others and work within the boundaries of the volunteer position description.
- Refer clients to the office if they contact you directly for service.
- Collect specified fees from clients and remit according to agency policy.
- Decline all offers of money over the scheduled fee.