Serving Madoc, Marmora, Stirling, Tweed and Surrounding Area
A Volunteer called to let us know he is moving. He stated that “it has been a pleasure being a part of this wonderful organization and being able to help those people that have difficulty in doing these things for themselves.
From day 1, everyone that I have encountered in the office have made me feel like I was appreciated. Once I get settled in my new house, hopefully I will be able to continue some measure of volunteering.” May 2016
Caring comes from within, but our strength comes from our Volunteers
OUR VOLUNTEERS HAVE THE MAGIC TOUCH
On June 3rd, 2014 over 100 Community Care Volunteers gathered in Madoc to celebrate a Magical Evening in appreciation of everything they do for Community Care. The volunteers were able to step into a world of magic with top hats, stars, cards and wands for centerpieces on tables, and white rabbits, dice, and magicians posted around the room.
The evening was a great success and volunteers left in awww of amazement as Evans and Evans Magic and Comedy performed an amazing magic show. We want to let all our volunteers know that you all are greatly appreciated and our agency wouldn’t be able to exist without wonderful volunteers like you. OUR VOLUNTEERS HAVE THE MAGIC TOUCH!!!!!! To see the award winners and the volunteer appreciation photo gallery, please
We have a variety of Programs we offer to seniors in the community which require the support of volunteers. These include:
Meals on Wheels- food preparers, drivers and assistance coordinating Socials
Line Dancing Luncheon Assistance
Friendly Active Living Instructors for low impact exercise.
Home Help and Maintenance - a brokered program to assist clients with indoor and outdoor home maintenance
Reassurance Calls to clients, providing a friendly voice and reassurance
Friendly Visiting to clients, to spend time with an isolated senior or physically disabled adult.
Transportation, driving clients both long and short distances to appointments, shopping and social activities.
Diners Club, assist in preparing, serving, cleanup of meals. Entertainers are always appreciated for these events.
Hidden Treasures, is our retail outlet for slightly loved items. We welcome volunteers to assist at the store and donations are always gladly excepted with a few exceptions.
Office- assistance in any number of tasks
Board Members- to support the agency mission and objectives
Foundation Members- to assist the agency in activities and fundraising
To become a volunteer you can call the office or print the volunteer form and mail it back to us.
As a volunteer providing services to clients of Community Care for Central Hastings, you can expect that:
- You will be treated with dignity and respect
- You will be treated as a co-worker.
- You will have the support of other volunteers and paid staff.
- You will be given a suitable assignment with consideration for personal preference, skills and education.
- You may request help if a job is too large or strenuous.
- You will receive guidance and direction.
- Your comments and concerns regarding working conditions or clients, will be addressed by your supervisor.
- You will be heard, have a part in planning and be shown respect for your opinion.
- You will be appreciated and recognized for your service.
- Your personal information will be kept confidential.
- You will work in a safe environment. You may refuse to do any task that you feel to be unsafe.
As a Community Care volunteer you have the responsibility to:
- Be sincere in the offer of the service.
- Be loyal to Community Care for Central Hastings.
- Maintain the dignity and integrity of the agency.
- Maintain the standards of confidentiality regarding agency or client information.
- Understand your volunteer role.
- Carry out the duties promptly regarding agency or client information.
- Participate in orientation and ongoing training.
- Accept the guidelines and decisions of your supervisor.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with others and work within the boundaries of the volunteer position description.
- Refer clients to the office if they contact you directly for service.
- Collect specified fees from clients and remit according to agency policy.
- Decline all offers of money over the scheduled fee.